Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ari Hoenig - The Pauper and The Magician (2016)


Source & Label: Lyte Records


 We are honoured to announce that American jazz icon Ari Hoenig will release The Pauper and the Magician with us in February. Lyte Records will be handling the British and Irish releases of the drummer/composer's eighth album, which features Gilad Hekselman (guitar), Tivon Pennicott (tenor saxophone), Shai Maestro (piano) and Orlando le Fleming (bass). Ari is a visionary in the areas of metric modulation and melodic drumming and has been a prolific bandleader for over fifteen years. He's also played in the groups of Joshua Redman, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Kenny Werner, Chris Potter, Wayne Krantz, Richard Bona and Mike Stern.

LR founder and director David Lyttle says, "Some of my best memories in music are of my first trips to New York in my early twenties. Going to hear Ari play in Smalls and then taking a lesson with him in his basement in Brooklyn was very exciting for me. He's been an inspiration and major influence for ten years and it's very special for me to now get to work with him as a label."


1. The Pauper and the Magician
2. I'll Think About It
3. The Other
4. Lyric
5. Alana
6. You Are My Sunshine


Ari Hoenig (drums)
Gilad Hekselman (guitar)
Tivon Pennicott (tenor saxophone)
Shai Maestro (piano)
Orlando le Fleming (bass)


BUY THIS ALBUM