Saturday, December 11, 2021

Nick Altieri (feat. George Garzone) - The Journey (December 11, 2021)

I’m a saxophonist, a jazz musician, and a storyteller. The music I create is that which honors the music of the past and the rich history of this genre, and of the storytellers before me. But, like those before me, I look to the future for inspiration as well as the present. I believe that as an artist I’m a record keeper as well, allowing my music to serve as evidence of the world around me. I hope to impact the lives of others in a positive way and create music that outlasts me.  

Playing the saxophone and creating music has been the common thread throughout my life. I find myself constantly coming back to music no matter where life has taken me. As I grow older, I understand the deep and powerful role music plays in our daily lives. I believe that it’s my job as a musician to relate my music to the world around me and to inspire others to experience life with my music as their soundtrack. 

- Saxophonist and producer/arranger Nick Altieri

1. Like Someone in Love (feat. George Garzone)
2. The Journey
3. Overnight
4. Crescent (feat. George Garzone)
5. The Nearness of You
6. Square Blues

Jack Davies, Bass
Diego Urena, Guitar
Hidemi Akaiwa, Piano
Harold Charon Cisnero, Piano
Jacob Fleenor, Drums

Featruring:
George Garzone, Saxophone

Pedro Kayat, Recording Engineer
Jose Abner Cabrera, Recording Engineer
Rodrigo Frontrera, Asst. Engineer

Mixed and Mastered by: Nick Altieri
Recorded at; The Record Co., Boston
Photography by: Katerina Ivannikova