Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jonathan Wires - Weaving (2016)


Label: Ear up Records
Source: Cdbaby 



This project contains a variety of pieces that I’ve written over the last few years. I wasn’t sure what compositions I wanted to record. Luckily I got some of my favorite players (who are also my dearest friends) involved, and that made choosing easy. I knew that I wanted to showcase their talents more than anything else. But also, I wanted to create frameworks for the sounds and shapes that I find interesting, so I created structures for the melodies, harmonies, and rhythms that I enjoy - that would also hopefully inspire my fellow bandmates/friends.


1. Weaving
2. Second Thoughts
3. Before the Wind
4. It Seems to Be
5. In My Slumber
6. In Flux
7. Holiday Offering
8. Waver
 

The Players:
Jonathan Wires – bass/composition
Josh Hunt – drums/percussion
Jeff Coffin – tenor sax/soprano sax/clarinet/bass clarinet
Matt Endahl – wurlitzer

guests:
Don Aliquo – bass clarinet
Lindsey Miller – guitar
James Westfall – vibraphone
Jamey Simmons – trumpet
Jon Estes - Mixes 


BUY THIS ALBUM