Wednesday, October 6, 2021

JBird - B​.​99 Suite (October 2021)

My precious Jazz suite entitled "B.99" is an ode to the time and place of when and where life as a jazz student kicked off. I grew up in the East Bay which had cities like Richmond, El Cerrito, Berkeley, and Oakland. Berkeley had a lot of young & gifted musicians in jazz, and most of them were in the high school jazz ensemble. That was my first exposure to musicians near MY age, just shredding their instruments was ahead of their time. Soon I will elaborate more with some fun stories. For now, please enjoy and let us know what you think. Your support and reception is much appreciated!

1. Part I: Heartfelt Intent 02:21
2. Part II: The Shattuck Effect 02:58
3. Part III: Double Duty [I Wish There Was More Time] 03:06
4. Part IV: No Regret 03:43

Mixed, engineered, composed and performed entirely by Joel Cowell, Jr aka JBird