Friday, August 27, 2021

Edison Herbert - Time For Love (August 27, 2021)

Edison Herbert a sensitive and melodic musician who plays the guitar from the heart.

Edison has performed with the Guildhall Big Band/Randy Brecker, jazz warriors, Julie Dexter, Clarke Peters, Rose Royce, Monroe Kent, Cherisse Scott, Kim Burrell, composed for BBC Radio 4.

George Benson commented, "I really enjoyed your playing, You’re one of the few cats who can make that thing sound so good."

My new project ‘Time For Love’ has taken me on a long and winding road.  Living the lockdown life and pulling a new album together has been an interesting ride.

In 2019 the Arts Council sponsored the recording my new album. I decided I would put together a new band who would be involved in my project right from the start. The plan was six months from start to finish.

I called up some musicians I had worked with and three of them agreed to commit to regular rehearsals with a view to recording an album.

Once I had my drummer, keyboard player and bass guitarist I set about writing, arranging and choosing my tracks for the album. An eclectic mix of six originals and four well known covers. A new challenge and a departure from the jazz trio style of my last two albums.

Everything was going according to plan up until March 2020 when the pandemic interrupted our flow. 

Our rehearsals stopped but we kept in touch and remained positive. I continued to work behind the scenes until we could get back work.After lockdown, I set up two days of rehearsals to reconnect with the music and each other. We spent a productive couple of days getting our heads around the diversity of my choice of songs for this project. Great to be back in a live music environment after months of isolation.

In August we went into Tileyard Studios and recorded an amazing new album titled “Time or Love”. The creative process was inspiring, with some very special moments shared between us. Our musical connection combined with the wide range of tracks, resulted in a lively exchange of ideas that kept enthusiasm levels high.

I am so excited. 2021 is here and at last it’s time for the fun to begin. I hope you will join me on this journey as I spread some joy and love through my music.

- Edison Herbert

1. Why Not?
2. I Wanna Wake Up With You
3. Changes
4. Time For Love
5. You Know
6. In Your Eyes
7. Is She Is She Not
8. E's Train
9. Just Because
10. Make You Feel My Love