Monday, June 14, 2021

Wojciech Jachna - Conception (June 2021)

CONCEPTION is my second solo album for trumpet, cornet and electronic effects.

"This time it was recorded in the place where I practice and work - at Jarek Hejmann's in MADZONGA Rec. in Bydgoszcz. It was about the feeling of constancy and the effect of lack of tension during the recording. This time I reached for the arsenal of electronic effects, which have accompanied me for a long time - they are a kind of "prosthesis", but also help me in finding a wider perspective in playing and sound exploration.

I like effects, of course in the form of picks, since I started playing the guitar I like to use them and expand my palette of colors. Although the album was recorded in February 2020, and the mixing and working on the album moved to the "pandemic" period, I think that I would also record such an album in "normal" times. Although probably the track titles could be different. References to Dub, Ambient or what I hope you can't call it, is a normal course of things - these fascinations have always been present in my music.

Mastering was done by Marcin Bociński, and he shared with me his personal advice on how this music could look better. Sonically, as usual, he left his mark on the music. I wish you an enjoyable listening experience!"

1. Solo Interludium 02:24
2. Dark Tunnel 04:53
3. Loneliness in the City 03:39
4. This is the End 01:52
5. Repetitive or Not 03:44
6. Repetitive or Not, part 2 00:49
7. Singing Bird 02:52
8. Flying Over the Water 01:49
9. In the Jungle of Sounds 03:13
10. The One Hearing Voices 02:08
11. In the Canyon 01:23
12. Before Time 01:42
13. Out of Time 01:35
14. The Last Movie 02:05
15. Slowly but Persistently 01:34
16. From far Away 01:49