Monday, June 20, 2016

Robin Buyer Sextet - Leave (2016)


This bright expanse of day 
is enveloped. It reflects 
off of a field of snow, off 
the sky, and turns them glinting 
so neither starts nor ends. Sun-drenched 
I'm spun up it’s laid out before me. 
The smoke of my breath 
is an aimless compass needle. 

I think in all this spinning 
I recognize prints or know 
north. But then the sun lowers 
another inch and dyes the land in only 
foreign colors—the nameless ones 
we love. I’ve been dusked. 
And within this churning landscape 
stands me. Lost content. 

-Ryan Michael Kershaw


1. Stasis 01:04
2. Leave 05:36
3. Trails 03:37
4. Shelter 05:16
5. Dusked 04:50
6. Still 04:30
7. Rise 04:10

Released June 18, 2016

Robin Buyer - Bass/Composition 
Evan Dice - Violin 
Nick Joliat - Keys 
Ryan Kershaw - Guitar 
Nick Pope - Drums 
Dylan Sherry - Tenor Saxophone 

Tracked at Virtue and Vice Studios 
Recorded and mixed by Kyle Joseph 
Mastered by Jon Markson 
Artwork by Nick Pope

BUY THIS ALBUM