Thursday, September 16, 2021

Tibor Debreceni - Blue Waltz (September 2021)

Jazz musician, composer, music producer, guitarist, pianist based in Budapest, Hungary.

"I compose, play and record all instruments, mix and master by myself in my home studio in Budapest, Hungary.

​Main instruments: guitar, piano, bass. Instruments in my music: drum, bass, piano, guitar, trumpet, tenor sax, alto sax, soprano sax.

Styles: cool jazz, modal jazz, jazz-blues, dark jazz (now ogling to post-bop).

​Jazz music taste is mainly from Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Bill Evans, Kenny Burrell, Michael Brecker, Stan Getz, Paul Desmond. Piano taste is mainly from Bill Evans, Horace Parlan, McCoy Tyner, Oscar Peterson, Sonny Clark, George Colligan, Chopin pieces. Guitar taste is mainly from Kenny Burrell, Jim Hall, Jimi Hendrix, B.B. King, Pat Metheny".


1. Alone is about the kind of feeling myself alone even if someone else is around. Melancholic and blue tune. The mute trupet brings up a bluesy theme, which goes forward into a slow, but very tense chord progression that releases only for a few notes in the melody before turning back to the deep mood. Exactly how one cannot come up easily from this „alone” state.
Instruments: d, b, p, tr.

2. Take Your Time. I wanted to bring a noir-like mood, but in a medium tempo that gives an extra highlight to the theme. It represent my inner warning signal to myself, not to overcome something important in the rushy multitasking world (what I do a lot).
Instruments: d, b, p, tr., a.sax

3. Blue Waltz. I composed the theme as a blues chanson-like jazz progression that is a perfect base for the catchy jazz melody by lead guitar supported by the tenor and soprano saxophones. The rythm of the melody gives a modern hit to the waltz beat. The guitar and piano solo sections alternate each other, taking a ’blue waltz’ with each other.
Instruments: d, b, p, g, s.sax, t.sax

4. Morning Whistle. I usually can come out from any blue mood only in the other’s day morning. This theme is one I whistled one of those mornings, so I want to help others to start the day with whistle and smile.
Instruments: d, b, p, g, tr., s.sax, a.sax

5. Think Again. During the compositions and the recordings of the tracks I was really glad about how well it went so far, so I wanted this feeling as part of the album.
Instruments: d, b, p, g, s.sax, t.sax, a.sax, tambourine, conga, bongo, shaker

6. Peace Within is a very calming theme that represents my inner peace. It is something we seek, but very rarely (or never) find. When I felt that I found, I composed this theme and it helps me to get back to that calming feeling, and I hope it will help others as well.
Instruments: d, b, p, t.sax, tr., vibraphone