Friday, September 3, 2021

Reinhardt Winkler - Lets Face the Music (September, 3 2021 Challenge Records)

Reinhardt Winkler ft. Harry Allen, Simone Kopmajer, John Di Martino, Boris Kozlov and Wolfgang Puschnig!

Reinhardt Winkler: I’ve known most of the songs of my new album for a long time. As a child, I got my first jazz records and all the songs were on it. I fell in love with this music, the sound, the instruments, the vibe, I just liked everything. Over the years I’ve always stayed tuned to these particular songs and some of them have become my absolute favorites. So I decided to record these songs with musicians I appreciate so much.

Reinhardt Winkler is a jazz drummer, composer and music educator.

Teaching experience: Since 1993, he has taught at the music school in Kirchschlag i.d. Buckligen Welt. He has also led many workshops in Austria, as well as other countries. Since 2013, he has taught drumming at the Wimmer Gymnasium in Oberschützen in cooperation with the Kunstuniversität Graz.

As a performing jazz drummer, he has toured for many years throughout Europe, the USA, and Asia, and worked with cutting edge artists such as Wolfgang Puschnig, STS, Terry Myers, Jamaaladeen Tacuma, to name just a few.

1 Don't Be That Way 04:22
2 Let's Face the Music and Dance 04:22
3 Let the Drums Speak I 01:59
4 Mr. Bojangles 04:32
5 Beatrice 04:17
6 Lucky Mojo 03:44
7 Emily 05:19
8 Let the Music Speak II 01:42
9 Idaho 04:35
10 Poinciana 04:50
11 Flamingo 04:35
12 Why Should I Care? 03:48

Simone Kopmajer, voice
Harry Allen, tenor sax
Wolfgang Puschnig, sax
John di Martino, piano
Boris Kozlov, bass
Reinhardt Winkler, drums