Thursday, September 9, 2021

Jean Lapouge - Quadrilogie (2021)

Quadrilogie is a sequence of four movements, for three voices, which came to me in its whole in a very short period of time, around the year 2008. That year, I already had enough pieces to propose to my fellow musicians, there was no need for me to inflict them another sight reading session. So, these movements remained in a manuscript form.

Twelve years and a new trio later, the time has come to exhume this suite. I am extremely happy to have done so with Christian (Pabœuf) and Nicolas (Lapouge), my son.

Inspiration flowing once again, this trio’s repertoire has grown into the largest I have yet offered to an audience.

Jean Lapouge 

1. Marelle 05:15
2. Fureur 03:38
3. Suite : Roseaux / Fin d'année 11:52
4. Trois vignettes 05:44
5. Quadrilogie : a) L'école des garçons 07:02
6. b) Mélodrame 03:48
7. c) Mon favori caracole en tête 08:15
8. d) Un cargo noir et rouge 08:38

Jean Lapouge : guitare
Christian Pabœuf : vibraphone, hautbois
Nicolas Lapouge : basse électrique

Compositions : Jean Lapouge, sauf Trois vignettes : J. Lapouge, C. Pabœuf, N. Lapouge