Friday, May 7, 2021

The Vernon Spring - For All We Know (Versions) 2021 Lima Limo Records

The Vernon Spring releases an EP of 4 versions of this famous jazz standard previously performed by a who’s who of musical legends from Nina Simone, Billie Holiday, Donny Hathaway, Johnny Hartman and Keith Jarrett. In Beste's words: "This standard is dear to my heart; I first heard the song after being introduced to the music of Donny Hathaway by my late father as a teenager. The opening lyrics to the song are “For all we know, we may never meet again, before you go, make this moment sweet again” - it was one of the songs I played at my late father’s funeral together with singer and close friend Tawiah."

1. For All We Know 03:58
2. For All We Know II 04:05
3. For All We Know III 05:12
4. For All We Know IV 03:34

Performed, produced and mixed by Sam Beste at The Arboretum
Mastered by Peter Beckmann