Thursday, April 8, 2021

Varun Das - Solitude EP (April 2021)

The compositions of this EP portray both the positive and negative connotations behind the word, “solitude,” with relevance to the COVID pandemic. But for me personally, the pandemic has proven to be a journey of solitude and emotional silence. I initially feared this would stimulate feelings of loneliness, isolation, depression, and longing because we are secluded from one another. It’s been quite the contrary. Being in solitude has helped free up my mind from many distractions of everyday life, allowing me to realize what really matters to me; it has made me reach out to unexplored creative domains to express myself in ways I have never done before. I consider myself very fortunate.

1. Inner Demons 01:37
2. Roots Embraced 03:03
3. Neptune 03:06
4. Until We Resume 02:00
5. Out of the Void 03:22

Composer / Producer: Varun Das (BMI)
Vibraphone: Juan Diego Villalobos
Piano: Esteban Castro

Recording Engineer: Felipe Fournier, Joystick Cafe Studio, New York, USA
Piano Recording: Parade Sound Studios, Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania, USA
Mixing Engineer: Joel Hamilton, Studio G, Brooklyn, New York, USA