Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Arseny Rykov Trio - Forgotten Melody (2021 Rainy Days Records)

I started to compose in music school. Through the years composing and playing music have become the main way of self-reflection and self-expression for me. I have always wanted my music to make people’s souls and minds work and to make them think about what is going on around. From my point of view, an artist has a big responsibility in front of the audience. The responsibility of being sincere, honest, and consistent in what one creates and says. I want to believe that my music is able to unite people. Especially such multicultural and international music as contemporary jazz.

The album includes the compositions that I wrote during the last few years. One can hear a slight change in my style from one tune to another but all of them have two features that are the most important for me: the leading role of the melody and harmony and their fragile beauty.

I am very grateful to the “Rainy Days” label and to Sasha Mashin in particular. People that stand behind the label do a fantastic job to support Russian culture and Russian musicians who play contemporary jazz. –– Arseny Rykov

1. Doubts
2. Faraway Beauty
3. Forgotten Melody
4. Evolutionary Piece
5. Anxiety
6. Breath
7. Broken Watch
8. Outline
9. Musical Box

Arseny Rykov – piano, composition
Nikolai Olshansky – bass
Vitaliy Epov – drums

Musical producer – Sasha Mashin
Executive producer – Eugene Petrushanskiy
Recorded at Cinelab Studio, Moscow Recording Engineer – Sasha Mashin Studio Engineer – Igor Bardashev Mixed by Sasha Mashin
Mastered by Alexander Perfilyev