Sunday, March 11, 2018

Ian Ethan Case - Earth Suite (CANDYRAT RECORDS 2018)

Acoustic double-neck guitarist and Candyrat recording artist ​Ian Ethan Case​ is quickly becoming recognized as “one of the most creative and engaging fingerstyle guitarists in the world” (International Center for Creativity.)

His latest album, Earth Suite, is the result of a two-year sustained recording and production effort and features a dozen musicians from all over the globe.


"This is really the first chance I’ve had to put together a large group of musicians and make an album where every track is a fully-realized version of what the underlying composition wants to be. I’m still doing everything I do when I play solo, but now having all these other instruments added to that makes it possible to clarify the melodies and counter-melodies, bring out the dynamic shapes, highlight contrasts, and generally color in the black-and-white outline of what’s possible for me in a solo context."