Monday, October 29, 2018

Tim Newhouse Collective - Daily Pages (November 1, 2018)


Daily Pages, my first creative album, is an arbitrary cross-section of my musical obsessions, awkward experiences and my even more awkward personality. Some pieces have accompanying stories, but I never try to force a narrow narrative onto an audience. ‘Daily Pages’ refers to a psychology exercise that involves writing two pages per day of spontaneous and unedited self-reflections. That really sums up what my music is about - just a series of reflections about what happens to me. 

Musically speaking, the music takes from a mixture of jazz, classical, pop, electronica and experimental genres. I like catchy melodies, lots of instruments and lots of detail. 

Live well. I hope experiencing this music contributes to the living. Sincere thanks for indulging.

On this album, the Tim Newhouse Collective is: 

Sam Parry (flute, cor anglais, clarinet)
Matt Smith (trumpet, flugelhorn)
Priscilla Gardner (voice, violin)
James Maley (cello, whistle)
Austin Sailsbury (piano, keyboard)
Kane Shaw (double bass, electric bass)
Jasper Miller (drums, percussion)

Recorded and mixed by Brodie Stewart
Mastered by James Newhouse
Supported by Propel Youth Arts WA and DrugAware

1. Southbank 06:50
2. Shapes of Applause 03:42
3. Daily Pages 05:26
4. External Locust of Identity 07:35
5. I Own Myself 02:49
6. The Hanging City 09:55
7. Breadcrumbs 11:42
8. Tinted Lenses 05:30