Trio HLK's debut album reworks well-known standards, drawing on techniques from Contemporary Classical composition, weaving familiar fragments into complex, intricate new pieces.
A belief in the high art of improvisation and intrigue with the infinite art and science of rhythm is what brings H, L and K together. Together they address ambitious improvisational frameworks which often resemble contemporary classical music more than jazz.
1. Smalls (feat. Steve Lehman)
2. Extra Sensory Perception part i (feat. Evelyn Glennie)
3. Extra Sensory Perception part ii (feat. Evelyn Glennie)
4. painS part i (feat. Steve Lehman)
5. painS part ii (feat. Steve Lehman)
10. The Jig (feat. Evelyn Glennie)
Steve Lehman- Alto Sax
Evelyn Glennie- Vibraphone and Marimba
Rich Harrold- Piano
Ant Law- 8-string Guitar and effects
Richard Kass- Drums and percussion
Compositions by Rich Harrold. Drum parts by Richard Kass
CD album / Double Vinyl album / Digital Album