The name Muse carries with it two meanings: Firstly as a noun, “to honour a person who is a source of artistic inspiration”, and secondly as a verb, because they “mused” over how to create a fresh new sound. The album is a blend of exotica, jazz, and pop music that will have you dreaming of beaches, palm trees, and wondrous sunsets. The melodies are timeless, while the production is modern and seamless.
The recording features new arrangements of popular songs including “Don’t Fear The Reaper” and “The Sweetest Taboo,” as well as exquisite classic rarities such as “All Too Soon” and “Chelsea Bridge.” Also featured are original compositions “Dreaming” and “The Wanderer”.
Muse will be released on Friday, August 31st, 2018 by Vesuvius Music and distributed worldwide by Slammin’ Media via Believe Distribution.
The release will be celebrated with a performance on Thursday, August 16th at the Berkeley Church Field House in Toronto.
Genevieve Marentette, Joanna Majoko, Heather Luckhart, The Willows, Lily Frost, Tyra Jutai, Melissa Lauren, Jocelyn Barth, Paget, Jessica LaLonde, Irene Torres, Mingjia Chen, Avery Raquel, Denielle Bassels
Eric St-Laurent - Guitar
George Koller - Electric and Acoustic Bass Great
Bob Scott - Drums and Percussion
Attila Fias - Piano and Rhodes
Michael Davidson - Vibraphone
Ernie Tollar - Alto Sax and Flutes
Drew Jurecka - Violin
Bill McBirnie - Flute
Carlos Del Junco - Harmonica
John MacMurchy - Baritone Sax
Tom Walsh - Trombone
Jono Grant - Electric Sitar
1. I’ve Never Left Your Arms (Genevieve Marentette) 3:25
2. Harlem Nocturne (Joanna Majoko) 2:39
3. Hypnotized (Heather Luckhart and The Willows) 4:23
4. Mountain High, Valley Low (Lily Frost) 3:45
5. Mood Indigo (Tyra Jutai) 3:38
6. Don’t Fear the Reaper (Melissa Lauren and The Willows) 2:45
7. All Too Soon (Jocelyn Barth) 3:44
8. Sweetest Taboo (Paget) 4:16
9. I’ll Be Seeing You (Jessica LaLonde) 4:51
10. Quizas Quizas Quizas (Irene Torres) 3:26
11. Chelsea Bridge (Mingjia Chen) 5:48
12. Dreaming (Avery Raquel) 4:40
13. The Wanderer (Denielle Bassels) 3:05