Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Benjamin Schaefer - Hive Mind (November 30, 2018)


Making this record has been quite a ride for me. I spent over two years working on it and it is a first-timer in many ways - my first big band album, my first funding campaigns (crowd and third-party) and the first release on my brand-new record label "for the records". 

So many fellow humans poured their hearts and minds into this project that, even though my name is featured on the CD, calling it a collective effort is by no means an exaggeration

I invite you now to discover the final result of this process. Get your copy today and join the ride!


Jan Schneider, Matthias Schriefl, Bastian Stein, Matthias Bergmann (tp)
Shannon Barnett, Moritz Wesp, Robert Hedemann, Jan Schreiner (tb)
Malte Dürrschnabel, James Wylie, Holger Werner, Denis Gäbel, Stefan Karl Schmid (sax)
Frank Wingold, Benjamin Schaefer, Igor Spallati, Jonas Burgwinkel (rhythm)

1. IO 07:58
2. Long Story Short 09:54
3. So Near, So Far 13:29
4. Hive Mind 08:30
5. Egregores 08:47

Recorded & Mixed by Christian Heck; Mastered by Reuben Cohen; Produced by Harald Rehmann; a Coproduction with Deutschlandfunk; Design & Artwork by Travassos