In celebration of the 2018 OPTION season, Experimental Sound Studio has released a special, limited edition mixtape CD that highlights some of the best improvisers working today from around the world. This compilation showcases the breadth and diversity of improvised and creative music with rising starts like Lea Bertucci, Katinka Kleijn, Ben LaMar Gay, Matchess, The Few and Charmaine Lee as well as veterans of free jazz (Mats Gustafsson, Antonio Borghini, Tim Daisy, Jeremiah Cymerman, Curt Newton, and Ingebrigt Håker Flaten). These live sets from the 2017 OPTION season were beautifully mixed and mastered by our head engineer, Alex Inglizian. By purchasing a mixtape, you are supporting Experimental Sound Studio, the OPTION programming, and keeping creative music alive and thriving in Chicago.
1. Mats Gustafsson, Antonio Borghini - Option 1 08:30
2. Katinka Kleijn - Option 2 08:20
3. Jeremiah Cymerman - Option 3 06:52
4. The Few - Option 4 06:35
5. Charmaine Lee - Option 5 06:56
6. Curt Newton, Ben Lamar Gay - Option 6 05:07
7. Ingebrigt Håker-Flaten - Option 7 09:14
8. Lea Bertucci, Matchess - Option 8 10:42
All performances records at Experimental Sound Studio, Chicago IL
Engineered by Alex Inglizian with assistance by Ralph Loza.
Produced by Ken Vandermark, Andrew Clinkman, and Tim Daisy.
Artwork & Design by Federico Peñalva.
All proceeds go to the Option Series and the musicians involved in this mixtape.