Monday, February 5, 2018

Sons Of Kemet - Your Queen Is A Reptile (IMPULSE! RECORDS March 30, 2018)




British saxophonist and bandleader Shabaka Hutchings and two of the bands he's associated with – Sons of Kemet (above) and Shabaka & The Ancestors – have signed to the iconic Impulse! label. First formed in 2011, Sons of Kemet have released two albums and made a huge impact on the international festival circuit with their double-drums, tuba and sax attack. The current line-up includes founding members Hutchings on sax and Tom Skinner on drums, rising tuba star Theon Cross and powerhouse drummer Eddie Hick, all of whom feature on the new album, Your Queen is a Reptile, which is released on 30 March. Jazzwise understands Comet Is Coming may also be moving to the label.


The album is entitled 'your queen is a reptile'

The track listing is

1. My Queen Is Ada Eastman [Explicit] (6:41)
2. My Queen Is Mamie Phipps Clark (5:31)
3. My Queen Is Harriet Tubman (5:40)
4. My Queen Is Anna Julia Cooper (5:07)
5. My Queen Is Angela Davis (6:35)
6. My Queen Is Nanny Of The Maroons (6:44)
7. My Queen Is Yaa Asantewaa (7:04)
8. My Queen Is Albertina Sisulu (5:20)
9. My Queen Is Doreen Lawrence (6:52)