Thursday, January 4, 2018

Al Di Meola - Opus (earMUSIC February 23, 2018)


Al Di Meola is a pioneer of blending world music, rock and jazz. His ongoing fascination for complex rhythmic syncopation, combined with provocative lyrical melodies and sophisticated harmony, has been the heart of his music throughout a celebrated career that has spanned over four decades.

The Grammy award winner achieved worldwide fame for both, being a solo artist and for his collaborations with Frank Zappa, Jimmy Page, Stevie Wonder, Chick Corea, Paco De Lucia, John McLaughlin, Jean-Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke, Luciano Pavarotti, Paul Simon, Phil Collins, Santana, Steve Winwood, Herbie Hancock, and many more. Al Di Meola holds the highest amount of Guitar awards in different categories from Guitar Player magazine (US).

With a curriculum vitae rich of exciting musical moments and incredible works, Al Di Meola is still challenging himself pushing his music towards new boundaries but with a more relaxed way to see things. Over the last few years he has in fact literally started all over, reinventing himself in both, his private life and music.

“With OPUS I wanted to further my compositional skills as I think that the evolution of this part of my persona has labelled me more composer/guitarist than guitarist/composer” - says Di Meola - “at the same time this record also marks a new era in my life. For the first time in my life, I have written music being happy, I’m in a wonderful relationship with my wife, I have a baby girl and a beautiful family that inspires me every day. I believe it shows in the music.”


1. Milonga Noctiva: Wandering in the Dark (feat. Kemuel Roig)
2. Broken Heart
3. Ava's Dream Sequence Lullaby
4. Cerreto Sannita (feat. Kemuel Roig)
5. Notorious
6. Frozen In Time
7. Escapado
8. Pomp
9. Left unsaid
10. Insieme
11. Rebels (feat. Kemuel Roig)

From March 2018 onwards Al Di Meola will take “OPUS” on tour. The first dates have just been released.

02.03.2018          Verden, Germany
    04.03.2018          Helsingor, Denmark
06.03.2018          Bern, Switzerland
    07.03.2018          Geneva, Switzerland
 09.03.2018          Basel, Switzerland
   10.03.2018          Zurich, Switzerland
         11.03.2018          Baden-Baden, Germany
   14.03.2018          Bergheim, Germany
           15.03.2018          Gummersbach, Germany
   16.03.2018          Nürnberg, Germany