Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Rosemary Clooney – I Feel a Song Coming On: Lost Radio Recordings (2017)


I Feel A Song Coming On: Lost Radio Recordings features 24 radio performances from the late, great Rosemary Clooney, culled from several radio shows in the 1950s including The Bing Crosby Show for General Electric, The Ford Road Show and The Rosemary Clooney Show.  Her classic performances of standards primarily comprise this release, including Cole Porter’s “Anything Goes,”  and “I Get A Kick Out of You,” the Gershwins’ “But Not For Me” and “Nice Work if You Can Get It,”  and Berlin’s “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm,” among others.  The material on this new CD has been taken from tape sources (not transcription discs) as newly remastered by Mike Milchner, and the booklet features rare photographs and liner notes by Tom Pickles.