The rhythm section is earth to their air: the nutty precision of abstract beat music echoes in Eldh's eloquent stutters and way of covering highs and lows in a single line, and in Lillinger's clarity at high speed; his sticks on snare can sound like dried peas poured on a metal sheet, every stroke distinct.
Yeah, they're all great, but this music is about how they come together, showing creative tradition some crazy love: amour run amok. Kevin Whitehead, Liner notes
1. Pulsar (Peter Evans) 8:31
2. Body Decline (Petter Eldh) 5:05
3. Brandy (Petter Eldh) 6:02
4. Alan Shorter (Peter Evans) 4:54
5. Trio Amok (Christian Lillinger) 4:05
6. Enbert Amok (Christian Lillinger) 5:18
7. The New Portal (Peter Evans) 6:26
8. Jazzfriendship (Wanja Slavin) 2:28
9. A Run Through the Neoliberalism (Christian Lillinger) 4:03
Christian Lillinger: Drums
Petter Eldh: Bass
Wanja Slavin: Saxophone
Peter Evans: Trumpet
Recorded in May 2016 by Marco Birkner at Studio H2 in Berlin, Germany. Mixed in February 2017 by Marck Fuck.
Mastered in February 2017 by Klaus Scheuermann.
Liner notes: Kevin Whitehead. Photo of cover art: László Moholy-Nagy.
Graphic design: Jonas Schoder. Photo: Lukas Haemmerle. Executive producer: Anja Illmaier.
Produced by Amok Amor and Intakt Records, Patrik Landolt. Published by Intakt Records.