Thursday, January 12, 2017

Rob Crozier Stet - Tall Trees (2017)


“Tall Trees” is a music tribute to my late father, musical mentor and sax/clarinter/flute tripler Bill Crozier. Without his strong example of dedication to his musical craft and devotion to his various musical projects I doubt that I would be a full time working musician today. 

I am grateful to: God for everything, my wife, Kelly, for her love and support through this process (she was the inspiration for some of these songs), my parents for the gifts of life and music, my stepdaughter Emma for her great artwork on the cover, my band whose beautiful playing and great instincts added depth and spirit to these songs, graphic designer Joe Judge who’s generosity and talent are humbling to me. This project was recorded live in the studio with minimal overdubs. 


Released January 4, 2017 

01. Reel Blue 02:58
02. Red-winged Blackbird 04:30
03. Song for Kahil 02:49
04. Fukushima Blues 03:26
05. Naked Make Out 04:06
06. Isfahan 03:57
07. Flute Peace 03:43
08. Highway Hypnosis 04:10
09. I've Been Working on the Railroad 04:53
10. Tall Trees 04:56

All songs written by Rob Crozier except "Isfahan” by Ellington/Strayhorn and "I've Been Working on the Railroad" (US folk song)

Rob Crozier - basses, thumb piano, didgeridoo, percussion 
Pete Kahn - sax, clarinet 
Rodney Rich - guitar 
Brian Brill - piano, keyboard 
Sam Genson - drums 
Kelly McDermott - flute on "Flute Peace"

Engineer: Mark Palms @ Mark Palms Studio in Manchester, MI 
Mixed and Produced by Rob Crozier. 
Mastered by Chris Goosman at Baseline Audio 
Recorded: June 11th and August 7th, 2016 
Package Design: Joe Judge 
Cover Art: Emma McDermott