“Das letzte Känguru“ characterizes itself as an ensemble that leaves the ordinary boundaries of the traditional saxophone-trio to explore the limits of this exciting lineup. The band is an exquisite representation of self-confident European improvisation accompanied by various alien but highlycreative patterns. The ensemble, however, never loses the self-awareness of its power which originates from consistently following its basic musical principles.
The trio knows to impress with its varying and inspirational compositions that are particularly characterized by creativity, flexibility and the embrace of the moment which they manifested beautifully in their debut album “Absprung” which was published by the Cologne label “Jazzhausmusik”. Continuing their musical roots “Das letzte Känguru” – accompanied by the vibraphonist Michael Kiedaisch (Freiburg) – will publish their latest CD called “Täuschung” on UNIT Records.
1. Die Traurigkeit der Sonne (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 7:00
2. Täuschung (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 5:17
3. Fort (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 8:03
4. Kalter Kaffee (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 6:55
5. Windstill (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 5:21
6. Spring City (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 4:58
7. Free Billy (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 4:29
8. Nachtgesang (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 6:38
9. Die blaue Blume (feat. Michael Kiedaisch) 9:38
All compositions by Christoph Beck, Michael Kiedaisch, Felix Schrack and Sebastian Schuster
Christoph Beck – Saxophone
Michael Kiedaisch – Vibraphone
Sebastian Schuster - Doublebass
Felix Schrack – Drums