Sunday, May 29, 2016

Ulrich Drechsler & Stefano Battaglia - Little Peace Lullaby (2016)


NEW ALBUM „LITTLE PEACE LULLABY“ APPEARS!!!!!!

I’m happy to announce the release of my new duo album „Little Peace Lullaby“!!!

2014 italian master pianist Stefano Battaglia and me met at Vienna’s famous concert hall, the Musikverein, to record my cycle of songs entitled „Little Peace Lullaby“. Inspired by scandinavian, mediterranean, persian and in particular eastern european contemporary romantic music the „Lullabies“ are a collection of  personal dedications and love songs for people who have enriched my life. Now the songs appears by famous german jazz label Enja/Yellowbird Records.

With the silent and subtle „Little Peace Lullabies“ I would like to thank all the people who support my work and believe in my music – all my listeners!!!

THANK YOU AND ENJOY IT!!!!



Playing with great italian piano master Stefano Battaglia is like coming home. Everything is easy, you always feel comfortable and together we are telling wonderful small musical stories. Our collaboration started in 2013 when I wrote a message to Stefano just to tell him that I’m a big fan of his music. Within an hour he replied and two months later we met for the first time and started our corporate journey into our musical universe. Since then we’re working most of the time in the duo context. 

Our music is inspired by contemporary classical, scandinavian, mediterranean and oriental music as well. In 2016 our first album „Little Peace Lullaby“ was released. Recorded in the so-called „Glaeserne Saal“, part of the world famous viennese Musikverein, „Little Peace Lullaby“ is a subtle cycle of love songs. Stefano and me have performed meanwhile a lot together and toured countries like Austria, Poland, South Korea, Turkey and the Iran. Beside the duo we also perform regularly in trio setting with persian Sufi goddess Sahar Lotfi. In late 2016 together with Stefano and the highly talented young austrians Judith Ferstl and Judith Schwarz on double bass and drums I’ll present a completely new quartet program.


Ulrich Drechsler: bass clarinet, basset horn, clarinet
Stefano Battaglia: piano

01. Little Peace Lullaby No. 3
02. Little Peace Lullaby No. 2
03. Twinkle in the Twilight
04. Little Peace Lullaby No. 4
05. Little Peace Lullaby No. 6
06. Little Peace Lullaby No. 7
07. You Always Know
08. Little Peace Lullaby No. 10
09. Your Paradise
10. Little Peace Lullaby No. 12

BUY THIS ALBUM