Monday, January 11, 2016

Jukkis Uotila - The Herbie Hancock Legacy (2015)


Label: Ksjazz
Source: Jukkis Uotila


On April the 12th, 2014 I went into the studio in Helsinki with one of my mentors, the great multiple percussionist Billy Hart. We recorded a program of Herbie Hancock's music that is now finally out on CD! I've known Jabali since 1977 when I met him in Finland and our paths have crossed many times over the years, in NYC and at many festivals. I had never played piano with him until 2012 when we did a concert in Helsinki and the event was such a success, that I was really anxious to get another chance to record our collaboration. Thus we now celebrate Herbie's 75th birthday with the release of "The Herbie Hancock Legacy". Billy and myself were joined by two excellent Finnish musicians, Jussi Kannaste on tenor sax and Jori Huhtala on bass, who both contributed strongly.


1. The Sorcerer
2. Tell Me a Bedtime Story
3. Speak Like a Child
4. Toys
5. Maiden Voyage
6. Dolphin Dance
7. I Have a Dream
8. Little One
9. The Eye of the Hurricane
Jukkis Uotila, piano
Jussi Kannaste, sax
Sampo Tiittanen, bass
Billy Hart, drums
Timo Hirvonen, bass


BUY THIS ALBUM