Saturday, November 10, 2018

Myra Melford - 12 From 25 (FIREHOUSE 12 RECORDS November 2018)


During late March of 2015, I performed a 12 show retrospective at The Stone in NYC, which gave me the chance to revisit many of my projects of the past 25 years. I was joined by all of the original musicians who have played in my groups over the years: from the trio I had convened for the first Knitting Factory tour of Europe in 1990, through to my current quintet, Snowy Egret. 

In the summer of 2015, I released a video from each of the shows on my YouTube Channel. All the videos are presented here in high-definition with surround audio mixed just for this release, along with a previously unreleased documentary about the week of music by filmmakers Gil Corre and Sylvain Luini. Gil and Sylvain did a fantastic job of capturing the marathon week visually, as did Geoff Countryman and his crew with the audio recording. It was an amazing experience for me: to revisit all of that history – the music, the friendships, the memories of being on tour together; to share it with the many wonderful people from all over who came to The Stone to experience it; and to dream about what’s next. 

I’m so grateful to everyone who was part of making this an incredibly rich and fulfilling experience for me! I hope you enjoy the music as much as we enjoyed performing it. 

– Myra Melford 

FEATURING: Duo with Allison Miller; Spindrift with Nicole Mitchell & Tyshawn Sorey; Dialogue with Ben Goldberg; Trio with Mary Halvorson & Miya Masaoka; Be Bread with Cuong Vu, Ben Goldberg, Brandon Ross, Stomu Takeishi & Matt Wilson; Same River, Twice with Dave Douglas, Chris Speed, Erik Friedlander & Michael Sarin; Snowy Egret with Ron Miles, Liberty Ellman, Stomu Takeishi & Ted Poor; Duo with Marty Ehrlich; Myra Melford Trio with Lindsey Horner & Reggie Nicholson

1. Piano Music 08:12
2. Where Everything Is Music 04:40
3. Chorale / 9 + 5 09:18
4. Myra Melford, Miya Masaoka, Mary Halvorson - 8 + 4 05:54
5. I See A Horizon 07:24
6. Yellow Are Crowds Of Flowers II 08:57
7. Two But Live 08:45
8. Bound reBound 06:57
9. The Kitchen 07:40
10. Bound reBound 07:28
11. Be Melting Snow 08:12
12. Daedalus 10:02

Recorded March 24 - 29, 2015
Audio recorded by Geoffrey Countryman, Tyler McDiarmid, and Jonathan Anderson
Video recorded and edited by Gil Corre and Sylvain Luini
Audio mixed and mastered by Nick Lloyd
Graphic Design by Megan Craig
Produced by Myra Melford and Nick Lloyd