Thursday, May 3, 2018

Roosevelt Collier - Exit 16 (GroundUP Music 2018)


GroundUp was founded by Snarky Puppy’s Michael League, who produced the seven-track Exit 16 and is a member of Bokanté alongside Collier. League contributed bass, while JT Thomas provided the drum parts and Bobby Sparks played organ during the three days spent holding sessions for the album.

“This record is a record about me,” said Collier in a statement. “It’s telling a story of who I am, where I’m from, and where I’m going … My mission is touch and heal people through music. That’s always been my mission, whether it’s in the church or in a club. I think people feel better about themselves after I play. That’s powerful, my man! I’ve been blessed to have that going for me. That’s my gift.”

Last year, Collier teamed with The Infamsous Stringdusters’ dobro player Andy Hall for the collaborative studio album of covers and originals, Let The Steel Play. Premiered by Live For Live Music, watch a video for the Exit 16 title track below:


Roosevelt Collier: Pedal Steel Guitar
Michael League: Bass Guitar
Jason “JT” Thomas: Drums
Bobby Sparks: Keys

1 Sun up Sun Down 5:27
2 Happy Feet 6:03
3 Make It Alright 6:53
4 Exit 16 6:06
5 That Could've Been Bad 8:06
6 Supernatural Encounters 4:28
7 Spike 8:37
8 Shuffle (Bonus Track) 7:23
9 Tailor Made (Bonus Track) 4:36
10 Spike (Full Length) [Bonus Track] 12:01