Debut Album, Release Date: December 2016 All compositions by Jared Pauley & Eldad Tarmu Mike Clark-drums, Duane Eubanks-trumpet, Eldad Tarmu-vibraphone, Leon Lee Dorsey-acoustic bass, Bob DiGiacomo-electric bass, Joel Masinter-electric bass, Robb Cappelletto-guitars, Micah Thomas-drums/congas, Adam Hutcheson-sax.
Jared Pauley is a keyboardist, composer, producer and educator based out of New York City. Originally from Charleston, West Virginia, he started playing the guitar and the piano as a teenager and grew up on a healthy mix of The Doors, Medeski, Martin and Wood, Herbie Hancock, and other artists. After graduating from Marshall University in 2006 he moved to Manhattan to begin his studies at the renowned Jazz History and Research program (founded by Dr. Lewis Porter) at Rutgers University-Newark.
As a musician he cities many artists as influences. He is proficient in most musical idioms including jazz, funk, Latin, hip-hop and blues. He has performed and/or recorded with trumpeter Arturo Sandoval (Dizzy Gillespie, Irakere), drummer Mike Clark (Herbie Hancock, The Headhunters, Eddie Henderson), trumpeter Duane Eubanks (Dave Holland), bassist Leon Lee Dorsey (Freddie Hubbard, Lionel Hampton) guitarist Robb Cappelletto (Re.Verse), drummer Daru Jones (Jack White, Black Milk), vibraphonist Eldad Tarmu and many others.
As a musicologist he has published many scholarly articles on different musicians and styles of music. His work has been featured on National Public Radio and published on jazz.com as well as in the Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians (Oxford University Press). As a sideman and ensemble member has performed throughout the United States at events/venues including the Notre Dame Jazz Festival, Charleston Wine and Jazz Festival, the Blue Note, Brooklyn Academy of Music, Bitter End, Seton Hall University, and Drom.
1. Pepe's (feat. Mike Clark, Eldad Tarmu, Leon Lee Dorsey, Robb Cappelletto & Adam Hutcheson) 5:02
2. Yellow & Orange (feat. Mike Clark, Duane Eubanks, Eldad Tarmu & Leon Lee Dorsey) 6:50
3. No Train to Woodstock (feat. Mike Clark, Duane Eubanks, Eldad Tarmu & Leon Lee Dorsey) 3:54
4. I See Some Patterns (feat. Mike Clark, Eldad Tarmu, Bob Di Giacomo & Adam Hutcheson) 6:22
5. Systematic (feat. Mike Clark, Eldad Tarmu & Bob Di Giacomo) 4:31
6. Bash (feat. Mike Clark, Duane Eubanks, Eldad Tarmu & Leon Lee Dorsey) 5:38
7. San Tito (feat. Micah Thomas & Robb Cappelletto) 3:12
8. Cartoons (feat. Duane Eubanks, Robb Cappelletto & Joel Masinter) 6:34